aureliabrowl

Aurelia B. Rowl

"Where love is an adventure..."

Return of the Last McKenna - Shirley Jump Out of all The McKenna Brothers books, this is the one that sticks in my mind the most and possibly edges it as my favourite of the three. Mostly because the plight of the hero, Brody McKenna, is so endearing and I just wanted to give him a great big hug whilst trying not to swoon.

I love the way all of the leading characters are woven throughout the series, so it feels like we're meeting up with old friends and you can get a real sense of the McKenna family, especially when you catch them all together. The writing gives you a real sense of each person, the dialogue and mannerisms portraying each character perfectly rather than all coming across the same.

I read this series in order so I may not be the best judge but I believe this book would work well as a standalone or if you were reading the series out of order. However, why would you do that? The series gets better with each book and then everything is all pulled together into a fitting finale in this final story.

Definitely worth a read!