aureliabrowl

Aurelia B. Rowl

"Where love is an adventure..."

Witchblood - Emma Mills I have read a lot of YA paranormal fiction - really, as in a LOT - from Morganville to House of Night, Twilight to Vampire Diaries, and Evernight to Vampire Academy etc, as well as the Sookie Stackhouse and Women of the Otherworld series from the adult range, however all of these are set in the USA. How refreshing therefore to find a vampire story set here in the UK, based in the North West in Manchester, of which I live on the outskirts of.

Despite this novel being the debut book of the author, I was impressed by the quality of the writing and the depth of the characters, written in the first person like many others in the YA paranormal genre. I was engaged from the very first page and enjoyed the pace and voice of the author.

I am looking forward to the sequel and hope I won't have too long to wait, especially after reading a preview of chapter one!